Thursday, November 12, 2009

Plaid to Meet You!

To me, nothing screams "Winter is approaching!" like a nice plaid ensemble. I'm not talking head-to-toe plaid (synonymous with "denim on denim"). I'm talking a perky piece to one-up that black skirt you own and have been wearing to church every Sunday since you were a junior in college (no doubt that black skirt is 100% awesome, but variety is the spice of life, non?)

Enter the plaid skirt (or jacket...or tights...what have you). Let me introduce a put-together piece via the doresvintage store at etsy.com.

The skirt is for sale for $34, and you can purchase by clicking the link above if you wish! Here we have two items you are sure to own already: a grey tee and some brown boots. Instead of wearing those two items with a pair of jeans, try mixing it up with a pair of $12.50 grey tights from aerie.com, which, if you are like me, is not something you already own. Maybe add a knit cap on sale at Anthropologie for $14.95 to look like you "made an effort" (ask my sister about this...it is my mantra when going to any dressed-up public event). So there ya have it: a fab fall-into-winter ensemble combining things you already have and about $62 worth of stuff ya don't.

*Perk! I don't want to sell out Lucky Magazine, but if you have the issue with Carrie Underwood on the cover, turn to page 232 to find a deal for real on this sure-to-stun shearling find by BB Dakota (regularly priced at $75), available at Fred Flare.

No comments:

Post a Comment