Friday, May 14, 2010

Shape Up & Ship Out!

It's almost summer, and you know what that means. Magazines everywhere are giving us 5,921 reasons to "get in shape" for that perfect "bikini bod"! They'll give us a conditioning regimen, 4 or 5 moves for 10 or 12 reps, for that rock hard booty or flat as a board abs. And to this I say a big fat Clueless-inspired "WHAT.EVER."

When I'm talking shape up, I'm talking tribal accents, Aztec-inspired, geometric prints that are popping up left and right (like the cellulite dimples I'll likely sport on the shores...so be it!) I knew this trend was going to be huuuge when I saw the Marc by Marc Jacobs spring '10 collection.



L to R: Ukita Patchwork Skirt, $328; Iggy Sweater, $358; Diamond Strope Maillot, $142. All Marc by Marc Jacobs & available at Shopbop.com.

While I love the trend kinda-80's/kinda-tribal trend going on above, I don't really want to pay more than three bills for a sweater that might be misconstrued as one from Mr. Cosby's closet (no disrespect, MJ; just can't throw my funds at that). What I do want is to scour the racks at TJ Maxx, Marshall's and hell, even the thrift store, to find similar gems for less Gs. But for blogesphere & time's sake, I'll show the online goodies that straddle the line between Africa the continent and "Africa" the 80s tune by Toto.


L to R: Forever21 Woven Tribal Print Dress, $17.80; Design History Aztec Open-Front Sweater, $96 (on sale from $160); Urban Outfitter Tribal V-Neck Tee, $24

No comments:

Post a Comment