Monday, June 7, 2010

Hangin' Tough

J. Crew's seasonal collections can be hit or miss for me. I remember absolutely loving their fall collection last year, enjoying all their twists on cardigans and scoring a couple from my Christmas wish list. But since that time, I have not been drawn to shop there as much. Maybe it's because I've found other wonderful places to shop since moving to Atlanta or maybe it's because I feel like so many of J. Crew's pieces are meant to fit on tall, stringy girls with boyish figures. And this is so far from my shape that I don't even try on skirts, pants or shorts from there anymore.

But one thing J. Crew (and Victoria's Secret) does do quite well is the art of the sale. And if you're trying to spend $100 or less, you should probably worship at the Church of Jenna Lyons.

Using an oversize v-neck white or grey tee & gold sandals (you surely already own), try this combo of feminine and tough for a casual summer outing. Click to enlarge!



L to R: 5" Chino Short, $23.60; Printed Lieutenant Jacket, $39.99; Ribbon & Rope Necklace, $15.99; Vachetta Grommet Belt, $15.60 - Price reflects the 20% off summer sale promo with code SUMMER20, valid til 11:59pm EST June 9!

No comments:

Post a Comment