Thursday, September 23, 2010

Steppin' Out

Every once in a while, I have to step out of my 100andSouth "comfort zone" and totally immerse myself in the world of lavish, luxurious fashion. For me, it's like getting a massage or a facial - I can't do it all the time, but when I can, it's heavenly and it's WORTH IT!

Lucky for me, I have an adorable, kind, sweet and amazingly-chic sister-in-law, Ashley, who owns an equally incredible boutique Vermillion at North Hills in Raleigh, NC.

That's Ashley, on the right, with Vermillion associate and stylist Julia Kerr!
Last Thursday, Ashley and her Vermillion team showcased their latest fall fashions for customers. Transforming the floor of the store into a runway, gorgeous models presented even more gorgeous ensembles for customers, like me, to drool over...

Since we're all fans of fashion here - no matter the price tag - I wanted to feature some of my favorite pieces from Ashley's presentation. I'd love to hear your thoughts on what you enjoyed!

This 3.1 Phillip Lim suit paired with an AKA New York blouse (coming in just over $100, I might add) would be the perfect addition to my work wardrobe:

Alexander Wang, the king of comfy cocktail, shows us how to decorate the neckline with a dramatic sash. And that necklace by Subversive? Such a conversation piece!:

Another updated "suit" for the workplace by Loeffler Randall. The back of this jacket had a sassy ruffle:

I just love how extremely wearable Tory Burch's pieces are. Her printed blouse pairs perfectly under this leather vest, but I could also see it beneath a cute grey jumper dress for a more grown-up look!:

One of my favorite pieces of the day was this long sleeved white Derek Lam dress paired with a Gabrielle Frantzen necklace and Anya Hindmarch coat. Wouldn't it be the most gorgeous wedding dress for a fall or winter low-key wedding?:

Megan Park's designs continue to wow me - she can combine glitz and glamour with the bohemian nod that I desire. And how versatile are those Loeffler Randall pumps?!:

Here's another one of Megan Park's designs. The jeweled wrap has pockets - how functional and fabulous!

In my opinion, this Matthew Williamson coat was the show-stopper, paired with over-the-knee Loeffler Randall boots. Everyone gasped when this look came around the corner!:

Of course, following the fashion show, my sister and I had to play a little dress up. I fell in love with a white Tucker blouse (yes, same company from my previous post!) and these silk, army green Loeffler Randall pants! Doesn't Linds look like a movie star in that AKA top with 3.1 Phillip Lim leather shorts and Loeffler Randall booties?

The family fashions continue - check out my sister-in-law Fleming in her Lela Rose tunic and Lela Rose necklace. The necklace was right up my Mom's alley too.

Vermillion has become an extremely important piece of my family history...I even found my wedding dress there during a Lela Rose trunk show. Thank you Ashley for always including me and bringing amazing fashion to North Carolina!

Check out the Photobucket album for full coverage of each look sent down the runway! See something you like? Call Vermillion at 919.787.9780 or visit their website for more details.

1 comment: