Monday, January 11, 2010

Cool Jewels

Confession: I want to wear mustard...BADLY. I see it smothered on Leighton Meester's flawless bod, and I dreamily utter a Liz Lemon-inspired "I want to go to there." But alas, when worn against my skin tone, mustard makes me look like my neck thew up. I just can't seem to pull it off! So I look to other jewel tones to help get the job done...and I use the old adage of "Never match the color of your eyeshadow with the color of your dress"...well, sorta...when pairing my jewels. Emerald green with deep amethyst? Sure! Blood red with bright turquoise? Certainly! Below is what I believe to be the right jewel tones for moi (et vous?)...all for less than 100 smackaroos!


(Clockwise from top left: Rodarte for Target Mesh Top with Bow, $24.99; Silence & Noise Satin Trouser, $19.99; CarriersCozyCottage's Vintage Large Grey Moonglow Rhinestone Earrings, $20; Forever21 Berry Platform Pump, $19.80; Deena & Ozzy Kisslock Clutch, $20)

Wear the blouse tucked into the pants to create an extremely flattering waistline. The neckline of the blouse also draws the eye up, if you want to further mask where your holiday leftovers have settled (I'm raising my hand). I used grey and black to help balance the look and to help the shoes look even more unexpected. And hopefully you won't need that clutch for your monies because the fellas will be buying your drinks all night long!

No comments:

Post a Comment