Friday, January 29, 2010

Equestrian Chic: "Bits" and Pieces

Last week, Clark and I visited the High Museum in Atlanta to explore the Leonardo Da Vinci "Hand of Genuis" exhibit. Before our visit, I knew of da Vinci as the inventor, the astronomer, the musician, the writer and most prominently the artist...the creator of most famous works like The Last Supper and the Mona Lisa. But I was surprised to learn that da Vinci had a passion for sketching horses and longed to created life-sized (some larger than life!) brass monuments of these gorgeous animals.


(A Horse in Profile to the Right and Its Fore-Legs, da Vinci)

In my eyes, there is no more beautiful a mammal than a horse (pups are a close second). I can't help but be in awe of their taut muscles, fluid movements and shiny coat. Don't worry - I'm not gonna go all "Daniel-Radcliffe-in-Equus" style on you. But I will incorporate style into this discussion and show you how to gallop your way towards to sleek look.

In my opinion, creating a good outfit is like beginning a long night of drinking - you've got to establish a good base (for the latter, I vote pizza). So commence your haute-horsing around by adding these Kerrits Equestrian Fashion EcoTights into your wardrobe (shown in "earth" color). I've been told they are great for cold weather climates as they keep you super warm AND better yet - they help suck in your tummy! And at $79, you can still afford to accessorize! To complete my look, I'd pair my grey suede boots with the following.


Start with this Tulle Belted Plaid Tunic, a $40 money-saver from the start because a) you don't have to pay an extra cent to sinch - belt included! and b) you'll wear this top into the spring with casual badass shorts and your fave flat strappy sandals. For now, I'd grab this Forever21 Studded Shoulder Purse, fashionably priced at $14.80 (totalling my saddlebags to three...oopsie!) and finally just a peek of this turquoise Urban Outfitter's Men's Leather Wrap Bracelet ($12) to flaunt some unexpected color.

*PERK! Spend $40 or more at Forever21.com and get 10% off when you use code ILOVEF21. Saddle up and start savin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment